Smart features for smart customers
- Introducing the BTS Industry 4.0 feature package
Introducing the BTS Industry 4.0 feature package
For over 20 years, we have delivered some of the world’s fastest and most reliable
lead-acid battery assembly lines
. By reducing human intervention, our customers can save labor costs
while significantly improving workplace safety
and increasing productivity and efficiency
But in an era of smart, connected devices, speed and automation are not enough. At BTS, we are committed to bringing the newest Industry 4.0 standards to the battery industry. Our optional feature package includes plenty of hardware and software improvements that can effectively turn your battery manufacturing operation into a smart factory.
A more capable PLC is used to take advantage of the possibilities offered by state-of-the-art sensors. Real-time feedback pours into the CPU from every inch of the line, offering a more precise picture and allowing to save troubleshooting time if problems arise.
The possibilities are endless:
• Live production reports can be regularly sent to the factory’s servers, showing the results of every test and the welding parameters.
• Every machine can be accessed via VNC or through our exclusive Android app, which provides real-time production insights.
• Our engineers and programmers can remotely access the machines for software update and technical assistance purposes.
Maintenance and QA-related procedures have never been easier:
• It is possible to set production goals and calculate the FPY (approved battery percentage) in real-time.
• The machines will automatically remind the operator to replace consumable parts when a certain number of cycles is reached.
• If the batteries are identified with a QR or Data Matrix code, a scanner can be used to track them throughout the assembly line, providing detailed information on any incidences and other useful data.
• Parameters and settings for each battery type can be saved as recipes for later use, saving time during mold changeover.
Get in touch if you would like to find out more or ask for a quotation.